It is the best way to nourish your newborn / infant / toddler.
It is all natural / organic / sustainable / green.
Here are a couple more reasons to do so:
- According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, "Human milk is species-specific, and all substitute feeding preparations differ markedly from it, making human milk uniquely superior for infant feeding.
- The American Dietic Association also believes that "the bonding that occurs during breastfeeding makes it a special choice."
- Breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than formula does.
- Breast milk contains immunities to diseases and aids in the development of baby's immune system.
- Breastfeeding satisfies baby's emotional needs and increases bonding between mother and baby.
- Breastfeeding protects baby against respiratory infections
- Breastfeeding decreases chances of osteoporosis.
Breastfeeding may be the best choice but it may not always be the easiest choice. If you are having problems breastfeeding you should see a professional. You could also call the Breastfeeding Hotline at 1-800-994-9662