Breakfast is worth getting up for! Help your family start the day off right by eating breakfast. If you don't have time, get breakfast foods ready the night before or try getting up 15 minutes earlier.
Are your mornings so hectic that you or your family skip breakfast? Do you know that children who eat breakfast tend to be more alert and learn better in the classroom than children who do not eat breakfast? Here are some tips to help your family start the day off with a healthy breakfast:
- Get breakfast foods ready the night before
- Get up 15 minutes earlier to give yourself time to prepare breakfast
- Offer foods that you can prepare quickly such as fruit, cereal, toast, toaster waffles, milk, and yogurt
- Heat up last night's dinner leftovers
- If you are short on time, grab a cereal bar and a piece of fruit or cup of yogurt on your way out the door.