Birth to Six Months
- Rub baby's arms and legs with different fabrics such as satin and flannel.
- Faces fascinate babies. Place a mirror near baby's changing table, or draw faces on paper plates for baby
Seven to Twelve Months
- Create a crawling obstacle course out of different size pillows
- Place a favorite toy under a blanke, and encourage your baby to find it
- Give baby a spoon and a pot, and let baby bang away
One to Two Years
- Take your toddler on a nature walk. Let toddler fill a pail with the leaves, twigs, and pinecones toddler sees along the way.
- Create a photo album with portraits of people he loves or different animals, vehicles, or foods. Then encourage him to name each one.
Two to Three Years
- Children this age love to jump, climb, throw, run, dance, and do somersaults.
- Building block towers - the taller the better - is a favorite pursuit.
- Pretend play becomes a very important activity